Sunday, August 1, 2010

Inspirational Quotes

A friend and I are working on a top secret project. We're compiling a book of quotes for a person who shall remain nameless :).

I have been collecting quotes from various sources for several years. Every time I see something that I find interesting or inspiring, I add it to the end of my file. It's grown considerable over the years and I've drawn on it for articles I've written and other occasions.

The only problem was that they weren't organized so I spent almost two days recently converting the text to a three-column table with the author's name, the quote, and the source. It was a long and frustrating job, but well worth it. Now, my quotes are sorted by the author (which enabled me to identify duplicates), and it's much easier to view.

Quotes can definitely be inspiring and empowering. A couple of my favourites are:

Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate. Carl Jung - Paraphrased

People are like tea bags. They don't know their own strength until they get into hot water. Dan McKinnon

It is difficult to live in the present, ridiculous to live in the future, and impossible to live in the past. Nothing is as far away as one minute ago. Jim Bishop

There are lots more where these came from. Some are even humorous. Maybe I'll sprinkle a few in my upcoming blogs!

No comments: