Thursday, August 5, 2010

Stir the Pot: Do Something Different

Normally I prefer to write in the morning, but the past two mornings I've had meetings and didn't have time to post. Now, here I am, unable to sleep and writing at night.

It feels kinda weird, but I think it's important to change our habits once in a while. Humans tend to get into routines and stick to doing things at a particular time of day, or in a particular way. We are creatures of habit. There's nothing wrong with that, I guess, but I know that I need to "stir the pot" every so often and do the unexpected.

Some things can't be avoided at certain times of the day - like going to and from work, for instance. I haven't done that for a very long time as I explained in an article on my website titled Anyaa's Story. It's one of my Life Reflections where I share a lot of personal information about how I got to where I am.

When I had a regular JOB (Just Over Broke), one of the ways I used to change it up a little was to drive to work by different routes. It's amazing how refreshing that can be. I rarely used the same route two days in a row. You can discover a lot of amazing things when you go off the beaten track a little - or just go somewhere different once in a while. I highly recommend it.

No comments: